Thursday, January 1, 2015

New entry for the New Year! Welcome 2015!

I've decided to chronicle my "romantic relationships" through 2015 starting with January 1, 2015. I'm not sure if anybody really cares what I do, but I'm sure it will be a good outlet for myself, and my friends seem to find the humor in my stories. Mostly because they are all settled down into "normal" relationships and marriages.

Also of note, I'm going to attempt to drop 15 lbs by June, which is when I will turn (GULP!) 40.

January 1st, 2015 - spent NYE with a good friend of mine, whom I used to date and quite like, but I am not sure how viable our relationship is for the long term. Slept over his house (nothing happened!), and returned home in the afternoon to relax and enjoy the day off! During which time I will also return any emails coming in via online dating. Rule #1: No woman should be the first to contact a man. It throws off the natural balance of courtship. Getting a lot of "Happy New Year" messages today. I'll take it.

The dating pool these days, at least on Long Island, is a shallow, green, filmy, dead-squirrel-floating mess. The online dating web sites give you an option a geographic circle based on mileage. These apps to not recognize the Long Island Sound as a barrier! Lots of sexy, smart guys coming up as matches who all live in CT! That's about a 2 hour drive! UGH!


No comments:

Post a Comment